Michigan Retaining Wall Shop – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Retaining Wall Shop, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 to browse our large selection of retaining wall products. Click here to see photos of our retaining wall products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
Have you ever noticed the beautiful concrete wall that surrounds a landscape, whether it is at a park, a school, or a house? These walls are more than just a pretty design; they are retaining walls which serve as a necessary protective feature. For any area with a landscape design, having a retaining wall surrounding the design will help maintain the structure for the long term. If you’re planning on adding a landscape design to your home or other desired area, here are five reasons you should install retaining walls:
1. Protective structure: A retaining wall most importantly, is used to counteract the forces of gravity. In other words, they are used to keep soil in place. As a protective structure, a retaining wall prevents any pressure from down slope movement and supports vertical or near vertical grade changes as well. With the installation of retaining walls you are protecting your property from any possible landslides.
2. Functional production: Sometimes we cannot avoid nature from running its course, but we can better prepare for it. Retaining walls serve as a functional production to prevent sink holes from destroying your landscape structure. They are used to stabilize sloped landscapes, and/or provide level surfaces on inclines. Therefore, you can insert plants as you wish without worrying about the soil running down.
3. Best run-off solution: Rainwater runoff can damage your land entirely if it is not prevented from infiltrating your property first. The best runoff solution is the installation of retaining walls. They can effectively reduce the speed and flow of the water before it reaches your land. This can both protect your landscape design, and prevent a flood from forming in the area.
4. Reduce maintenance: With rainwater runoff there is erosion, and with erosion there are large pieces of soil and rocks that can slam into your property and cause serious damages. Retaining walls can protect your landscape design and help you in the long run. As a protective feature this reduces maintenance and prevents erosion.
5. Decorative feature: Last but not least, retaining walls additionally offer your landscape an aesthetically pleasing design. People initially notice retaining walls for their appealing, eye-catching presentation. They can enhance your property significantly just by the aesthetic appeal. With a bit of creativity, the addition of retaining walls can make for a unique look to your property.
Retaining walls serve as both protective features and decorative additions to your landscape design. Adding a beautiful design to your home, business, or any other area will improve the outside environment overall. Even more, ensuring that your property is protected will reduce any undesired stress later on. If you are thinking of installing retaining walls to an area of your choice, consider hiring a professional for the best results.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Retaining Wall Shop, come stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 to see our wide selection of retaining wall products.