If you are looking for a top rated Michigan Stone Veneers supply, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our stone veneers. Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills location or Rochester Hills location!
Stone veneer siding is a mix of lightweight concrete or clay, polymers that are added for strength and weatherproof wear, as well as pigments that give the finished product the desired appearance.
The two main types of stone veneers are; individual veneer pieces, which are in the form of smaller pieces of different sizes and coloration but made in the same style. The other variation is panels.
The Pros of Stone Veneers
- They are less expensive and lasts for many years when properly installed.
- It creates the look of natural beauty on any home exterior.
- More ideal for non-load bearing walls that do not require additional support.
- Easy installation, because they are lightweight and come in larger panels making them easier to install within a shorter time.
- They require little maintenance.
- Like real stone siding, they can be reused.
- They are available in all colors and styles, such as fieldstone, ledgestone, stack stone, cut stone, river stone, limestone, castle stone, and many more.
- They are usable on a wider variety of surfaces, including stone, metal, and wood.
- It’s a brilliant choice for tight areas where it might be challenging to work with natural stone.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Stone Veneers supply, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today!
Michigan Natural Wallstone Supplier – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a trusted and experienced Michigan Natural Wallstone Supplier, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our Natural Wallstone products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
The Benefits of Using Natural Wallstone
Since Natural Wallstone is inherently resilient, you can utilize them in the construction of garden walls of any shape and size. There are a number of benefits to opting for stone wall construction in the open spaces of your property such as:
- They can endure harsh elements and extreme weather conditions very well. Most natural stones are weather-resistant and don’t deteriorate as quickly as most other landscape materials.
- Since these stones are naturally strong, they provide stability to the landscape and provide it the support it needs. Retaining walls made of stone can support a large amount of backfill and endure the pressure very well.
- Outdoor stone walls are easy to maintain and only require an occasional pressure clean to keep them looking great right round the year.
- When you get stone walls built in your landscape, you don’t have to worry about them cracking or becoming impacted by the freeze-thaw cycle like concrete and other materials do.
- While Natural Wallstone a slightly higher upfront cost, they outlast most landscaping materials. They require very little maintenance and are extremely durable, making them an excellent choice for building walls in landscapes.
- You can seal-coat the stone walls to improve their scratch –resistance and make the surface more resilient.
- With choices including limestone, flagstone, travertine, granite, and more, you are sure to find a style that complements your landscaping design. The variety of textures and colors in natural stones is endless. This gives you the design flexibility to create the aesthetic you want in the outdoor areas of your property.
- Natural Wallstone has very classic and elegant look and is extremely versatile. It looks great in casual as well as formal-styled landscapes.
- Natural Wallstone adds to the curb appeal and value of your property, which makes it an excellent investment in the long term.
For a top rated Michigan Natural Wallstone Supplier, please stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Flagstone Seller – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Flagstone Seller, please contact Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our Flagstone products or Follow Us on Facebook for or Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
When working on a new project that involves pavement, flagstone offers a myriad of benefits that you can’t get with any other material.
Using Flagstone for Your Next Project
Flagstone is basically hardened sedimentary stone that is comprised of layers of sediments, clay or sand. For many years, flagstone has been one of the more popular choices for use as a paving material due to the unique qualities it has when compared to standard paving materials. Understanding more about the benefits associated with using flagstone for a new patio or sidewalk design will help you when making your final purchase decision.
Why You Should Use Flagstone
Flagstone has a number of basic qualities to it that can make it really appealing when planning your next landscaping project. This material is very flexible. Because of the many different colors and shapes this stone comes in, no two projects using flagstone will look the same. Flagstone also provides you with a lot of options. It can either be laid down as a completely solid surface or single stones can be laid as a means of making room for plants to grow in-between them. The texture of the stone is non-slip, while the colors you select for the project can vary greatly. You can either use one single color for the entire design or make use of different colored stones throughout the project. These colors include red, blue, gold and orange, among others.
Benefits of Using Flagstone
The advantages of using flagstone are numerous. No two stones are alike, which provides your project with a unique look. There’s hardly any need for maintenance when it comes to these stones. Even if the stone becomes damaged, it can be quickly remedied. Flagstone is one of the more durable paving materials available. Turf and moss can be planted around the stones, which makes the area even more relaxing.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Flagstone Seller, call Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today.
New York Bluestone Supply – Haley Stone
If you are looking for an experienced New York Bluestone Supply in Michigan, please stop by Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI locations (248) 852-5511 and browse our large selection. Click here to see photos of our New York Bluestone products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills location or Rochester Hills location!
The Benefits of Using New York Bluestone
New York Bluestone is a natural stone with character! It is an ideal stone for outdoor surfaces. For residential or commercial buildings, bluestone is incredibly popular.
People love bluestone for the outdoors because of their great durability and hard wearing qualities. Bluestone is available in many shapes and sizes. Bluestone is a strong and durable stone which is cost effective and easy to install.
As all natural stone is porous, it may be vulnerable to staining. By using a penetrating sealer, cleaning any spills or stains is made easier.
Bluestone has a high density and a natural ability to withstand harsh weather conditions.
The surface of bluestone is anti-slip. It can be used around pool areas, as well as for any other type of flooring application.
How can I use bluestone around my home?
You can use bluestone both indoors and outdoors. However, they make the best choice as outdoor materials. Due to their strength and texture, they are extremely versatile. Think of bluestone for your:
- Garden Paths
- Stepping Stones
- Feature walls
New York Bluestone is an excellent choice!
For a top rated New York Bluestone Supply in Michigan, please visit Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI locations (248) 852-5511 and see our large selection.
Michigan Paver Supply – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Paver Supply, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our paver or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills locations.
Are you interested in beautifying your outdoor living space with paving stones or a concrete deck? Spending time outdoors, relaxing in comfort and entertaining on your deck or patio are just some of the great seasonal activities that we all enjoy in our homes. If you’re ready to build or renovate your patio or pool deck, you’ll appreciate knowing the difference between pavers and stamped concrete. In fact, we hope you’ll find that pavers over concrete is the more sensible choice.
Here’s a hint: pavers, also known as paving stones, are a top choice for durability, cost-effectiveness, attractive appearance and easy up keep. This is especially important here in Michigan where weather, moisture and temperature change are major factors.
Let’s begin with a quick description of pavers: Paving stones are individual units or “bricks,” with natural joints between each that allows for pressure, expansion and contraction. Pavers over concrete offer great durability, a custom look and little to no maintenance. Here is some valuable information about paving stones:
- Available in a wide variety of surface finishes, colors and shapes that will complement the architectural style of your home and can be installed in various patterns to create eye-catching floor design on your patio or deck area.
- With a minimum rating of 8000 psi, paving stones are one of the strongest paving materials, rivaled only by brick.
- Paver patios will not deteriorate under normal wear and tear or due to outdoor weather conditions. Paver stones will stay beautiful for years to come as you enjoy your home.
- Because paver stones ‘give’ under pressure, it eliminates cracking commonly seen in conventional asphalt and concrete slabs. Pavers will look ‘new’ and stylish for years to come, needing little upkeep to maintain appearance.
- For pavers to look good and last long term, they must be properly installed. Shoddy workmanship and installations can lead to surface problems on your patio or pool deck.
- Finally, one of the biggest advantages of pavers is when it comes time for a repair. In the unlikely scenario that a repair ever does become necessary, pavers are manufactured to be uniform and can may easily and efficiently replaced without creating unsightly patches or scars.
For many years, concrete and even asphalt have been traditionally used as the standard paving material in home patios, pool decks and walkways. There’s no denying it’s low cost (per square foot) makes it an obvious choice for many home builders and homeowners. Though it may initially be an inexpensive option, the reality is that concrete will inevitably crack and require repair after repair, regular cleaning and even resurfacing.
These costs add up over the long-term making the initial investment a lot more costly than originally understood. Over the lifetime of use, wear and repair concrete will cost far more than installing paving stones, without providing any of the beauty, quality and little maintenance. It might be a good choice to install pavers over concrete. Other common problems with concrete decks, patios and walkways:
- Most all concrete will crack at some point in time. Common causes of cracking: base is compromised due to heavy loads or house settlement; concrete shrinks over time; expansion and contraction caused by harsh weather conditions.
- Contractors and home improvement store staff may tell you to place joints in concrete pavements and patio floors to encourage concrete slabs to crack in a neat, straight line along a joint. But be aware that may not happen so unsightly cracks may randomly appear anywhere on the surface of the concrete.
- Once one crack forms, the integrity of the slab loses strength and durability. More and more cracks tend to form and it becomes both difficult to exactly match the color and composition of the original material for each repair. It becomes an eye sore. Your patio, deck or walkway will appear old, worn and shabby.
- As a last resort, repairs might include a thick resurfacing or an entirely new slab and both of these options are costly – all this headache and expense to simply replace plain old concrete!
Homeowners might choose stamped concrete to replicate the attractive patterns associated with paving stones. Stamping is done once the concrete has been poured and before it hardens. Stamped concrete may also be tinted (a.k.a colored) before it is poured with standard or custom colors. While more attractive than plain concrete, the problems associated with trying to maintain, repair and replace portions of a slab are considerable and expensive. Trying to cover scars, wear and cracks becomes a major ordeal in both time and money.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Paver Supply, stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Patio Fire Pits – Haley Stone
If you are interested in Michigan Patio Fire Pits, visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 and browse our large selection! Click here to browse our website or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills location.
Advantages of a Patio Fire Pit
Most people enjoy relaxing outside their homes next to the warmth and glow of a patio fire pit. These outdoor fireplaces are available in a variety of sizes and materials. You can build permanent fire pits on your patio, or buy a portable fire pit. Patio fire pits have several appealing factors that are attracting more people every day.
You can choose from a large selection of patio fire pits. Permanent fire pits are usually made of stone, clay or fire-resistant brick. These fire pits tend to be more elaborate and can become the focal point of your patio. Smaller, portable fire pits are also available in many different materials and shapes. They can be carried to different places around the yard, and even on camping trips. Most fire pits use either gas or wood.
Range of Use
Patio fire pits provide light, warmth, and can even be used for cooking. By placing grates or grills over your patio fire pit, you can use it as a barbecue. Fire pit cooking has several advantages. The cooked food is usually more flavorful because it has been cooked over a real fire. Also, if the fire pit is large, it can be used to cook for many people at one time.
When constructed or installed properly, fire pits are very safe to use. Permanent fire pits have walls on all sides that prevent sparks from spreading outside. You can also use wire mesh on top of a patio fire pit, for added security. Gas patio fire pits can be easily controlled with a knob.
For a great selection of Michigan Patio Fire Pits, stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Wallstone Supply – Haley Stone – Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 – Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Wallstone Supply, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our natural wallstone products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills locations.
Wallstone can add rustic charm to any landscape. Natural wallstone is used to create one-of-a-kind landscaping walls. These natural stones are available in different sizes and shapes. You can choose between flat, round or tumbled wallstone. No matter what type you choose, you can stack them in different patterns to make attractive retaining walls, terraces and accent walls.
One reason why many landscapers and homeowners choose to use wallstone is because it can be dry stacked, meaning the wall can be built without cement or mortar. Dry stacked walls will shift and settle with the earth overtime, but this flexibility is a strength not a weakness. These landscaping walls can last for long periods of time.
An additional benefit of building a natural stone wall without cement or mortar is that it is cost effective. You will save both time and money using dry stacked wallstone.
If you are thinking about using wallstone in your landscaping, swing by our locations to see our selection! Like all natural stones, each shipment we receive is unique. We offer the best quality wallstone for homeowners, contractors, and landscape architects at an affordable price. That’s why we are where the pros buy!
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Wallstone Supply, please stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Natural Stone Veneers – Haley Stone
If you are in need of Michigan Natural Stone Veneers contact Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills location (248) 276-9300 or our Rochester Hills location at (248) 852-5511 for more information. Click here to see our Michigan Stone Veneer examples or scroll to the photos below. You may also follow us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills location or our Rochester Hills location.
Natural stone veneers offer durability and distinction to any building project. No other building material displays the unique textures, colors and exceptional visual appeal found in natural stone. We offer two styles of veneers, Full Veneer and Natural Thin Veneer (NTV). There are over 75 different styles to choose from.
Below are a few samples to view.
Haley Stone has been servicing the Metro Detroit Area with quality landscape materials for over 60 years with locations in Rochester Hills MI and Auburn Hills (directly across from the Palace). With 5 acres of inventory and displays, it offers you a wide range of choices and ideas for your next project. Stop by either location and let our expert knowledgeable staff assist you with your needs.
Michigan Bluestone Walkway Supply – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Bluestone Walkway Supply store, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 today! Click here to see photos of our bluestone products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
This article will guide you through the benefits of choosing bluestone pavers for walkways and many other areas around your home or business!
One of the best features of a bluestone walkway is the versatility it provides. Like many natural stones, bluestone walkways can blend seamlessly in both residential and commercial applications. The distinctive natural hue of bluestone blends well with virtually any building or residential color scheme. Below is a brief list of applications in which bluestone may be utilized around your property:
- Stepping stones
- Pool patio areas
- Garden pathways
However, unlike other types of natural stone, bluestone provides a higher level of safety. This safety feature lies within the natural slip-resistance finish of the stone. The slip-resistance is mainly due to the rough textural surface. Thus, bluestone is not only an excellent walkway option, but it is a perfect solution around pools as well.
Bluestone is naturally high in density and hardness. What does this mean for your walkway? It means that unlike other softer stones, or bricks, you’ll have less worry about cracking. Bluestone can easily tolerate some of the harshest weather conditions as well as elements from foot traffic.
Many natural stone solutions create an element of beauty but can appear dull in color. However, the porous surface of bluestone requires sealing to avoid the deterioration of the stone. Although this added step may seem a hassle, it will provide you with a high-gloss effect that will make your walkways stand out from the rest.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Bluestone Walkway Supply store, come stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Flagstone Patio Supply – Haley Stone Patio & Landscape Supply
If you are in need of a top rated Michigan Flagstone Patio Supply, please visit Haley Stone in Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 or Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 today. Click here to see photos of our flagstone products or Follow Us on Facebook for our Rochester Hills and Auburn Hills locations.
When designing the perfect landscape for your home, consider adding a flagstone patio. This diverse and versatile stone is the perfect accent to any hardscape project. Flagstone is ideal for creating walkways, driveways, patios, garden borders, and even fireplaces.
Advantages of Adding a Flagstone Patio
- Flagstone is highly durable and is least less likely to crack or warp when exposed to the elements. Termites and other pests will not damage flagstone like they would wood-type patios.
- Flagstone is always available. Because flagstone is a common use-type material it is more cost effective than some other, more rare types of decorative stone. When requesting flagstone for your project, your landscape artist will more than likely have a variety of color choices readily available.
- Flagstone is easy to work with, allowing your landscape artist to create your dream patio at a more suitable price.
Because flagstone is offered in a variety of textures, colors, and styles, it will always be a “perfect fit” to any landscape project.
- Flagstone stands the test of time. Patios and other hardscape structures like walkways are considered highly tread areas. The layered composition of flagstone allows it to work well in high-traffic areas around your home.
- The natural surface area of flagstone promotes traction. Textured curves and ridges naturally akin to flagstone are non-slip and do not promote water pooling. This is ideal when using flagstone in walkways, driveways, and patios.
For an experienced and trusted Michigan Flagstone Patio Supply, come stop by Haley Stone in Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 or Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300.