Michigan Brick Pavers Supply Store – Haley Stone
If you are in need of a Michigan Brick Pavers Supply Store, visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511 and browse our wide selection of Brick Pavers. Click here to see photos of our Brick Pavers at our customers homes. Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
Benefits of Installing a Brick Paver Patio
A patio is one of the most worthwhile investments you can add to your home. Not only will the space provide years of outdoor entertainment and dining, but when you decide to sell your house, a patio can actually increase your property value. When it comes to patio designs, paver patios are becoming a popular option. Made from pavers or bricks, homeowners marvel at their easy installation at low-maintenance.
Aesthetics and Versatility
Plain concrete patios might be the most cost-effective option for outdoor entertainment, but let’s face it, they are far from stylish. Building a patio with paver bricks, on the other hand, allows you to experiment with color and design. Whether you want a multi-colored, intricate design or a simplistic, natural look, paver patios provide plenty of creative options.
Unlike installing a deck or another outdoor entertainment space, installing a paver patio is quick and easy. In fact, most installations take only a few days or a weekend at most. This means you will spend less time dealing with the hassle of construction and more time enjoying the outdoors and relaxing with your family and friends.
Paver patios are also popular because they are incredibly low-maintenance. Decks require frequent staining or painting and poured concrete patios can crack or split over time, which can be expensive to fix. Pavers, on the other hand, require minimal maintenance. If a brick cracks or breaks, you can simply replace it with a new one. Overall, this will save you money in the long run and prevent a couple of future headaches. source: nixa-lawn-service.com
If you are looking for an experienced and trusted Michigan Brick Pavers Supply Store, stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511 and checkout our large selection of Michigan Brick Pavers.
Natural Stone Retaining Walls – Haley Stone
If you are in need of Natural Stone Retaining Walls, visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511 and browse our wide selection of Natural Wallstone. We are your Natural Stone Retaining Walls experts! Click here to see photos of our Natural Wallstone products in action. Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
The Benefits Of Natural Stone Walls In Landscaping
Walls are an integral part of any space; they both define the limits of a garden, and set the atmosphere for them. They can also be the finishing landscaping touch to your garden. Stone walls in particular lend many good qualities to gardens. We can start with their basics to see why your landscape could benefit from these.
Types And Styles Of Stone Walls
There are four types of stone walls, or rather two types with two subcategories. There are retaining walls and there are freestanding walls, and each type can either be built ‘wet’ (with concrete) or ‘dry’ (without concrete and using gravity and friction to hold the stones together.)
A retaining wall is a type of structure designed to hold soil in place. Landscaping retaining walls are generally gravity walls, which can lean back against the soil and use their mass to keep land put. Freestanding walls are the type that aren’t holding any soil put and stand on their own.
Yes, freestanding walls can keep people out of various areas, or direct traffic to more favorable views.
Yes, retaining walls are traditionally used to bind soil between two elevations and to change the slope of turf.
There is so much more that walls can do for your garden.
– Provides Definition
Stone walls define areas, keeping your patio a space apart from your roses and making cozy outdoor ‘rooms.’ They provide focal points for a given section of garden, giving an end point to a bland, open-ended lawn. Stone walls artfully arranged around a landscape give it shape and balance.
Retaining walls give layers to your garden, allowing you to stack flowers and herbs for a stunning visual effect. You can terrace an area so that each plant gets a chance to shine on its own level. This will make your garden look fuller and more lush without pouring in lots of greenery.
– Widens Your Choice Of Plants
Retaining walls can artfully push plants up to the sun, giving you more space to plant light-loving flowers. At the same time, there are some herbs and flowers that need shade, and the side of a stone wall can shelter them in an otherwise exposed expanse of yard. It’s the chance to dictate to your land what you will plant, instead of being victim to whatever light your yard gets naturally.
– Protects Privacy
A freestanding wall around a patio offers a certain level of privacy, blocking prying eyes from watching you in your yard. It also handily keeps small children and pets corralled in a limited area where you have a good view of them while you hang out.
– Enhances Irrigation
Probably one of the biggest uses of retaining walls is in irrigation. They can trap and direct water. This limits erosion, stopping water from flushing soil downhill, taking mulch down to the street and creating deltas in your raised beds. It also keeps water by your flowers’ roots, where you want it, and not draining in your driveway. The wall changes the slope of your land so water doesn’t pool by your basement. The pipes you put through the wall let excess water spread harmlessly instead of pooling in one spot.
– Provide Eye Candy
Stone walls can be features in and of themselves: they can be elegant eye-catchers in formal tea gardens and rustic resting places along quiet paths. Stone walls look lovely in your yard and stays pretty year round, ageing gracefully and charming the eye for years.
Style Choices For Walls
Of course what your wall will look like will depend a bit on which of the uses to which you want to put your stone wall, but the style choices are wide even within that limit.
Different types of stone in a variety of cuts are available. Some are rough cut and weathered, giving your wall a rustic look. Others are all a similar color that can complement rest of the hardscapes in your garden. If you pick big, blocky stones, your wall will look sturdy and imposing. Picking smaller and more regularly shaped stones will lend your wall a more homely feel. Decide ahead of time what the overall look of the garden is and how the stone wall will fit in with it, and this will help you pick the rocks involved.
Do you want to work a post at the end of your wall, giving you a resting place for your hand while you turn a corner? Do you want your wall topped with flat pavers you can sit on comfortably? Perhaps you can work a bench into your wall? Perhaps you want inconspicuous retaining walls that blend into the background?
The style benefits of stone walls go beyond sheer variety, though. Stone walls age well. They will look classy years from now, long after the trendiest flower has gone to seed. They also don’t require much to keep pretty. If built properly, with weep holes to keep water from building up behind them and with a sturdy base, then they will only need a regular inspection and a little sweeping. Make sure none of the drainage pipes clog, and pull any weeds your retaining wall sprouts, and your wall is in peak shape. source: irwinstone.com
If you are interested in Natural Stone Retaining Walls, stop by Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511 and view our wide variety of Natural Wallstone for landscape needs.
Michigan Natural Flagstone Supply – Haley Stone – Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 – Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511
If you are in need of an experienced Michigan Natural Flagstone Supply service, visit Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations. Click here to see our natural flagstone in action or follow us on Facebook for Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills.
Why Choose Natural Flagstone for Your Patio?
Flagstone is obviously more attractive than any of the synthetic or artificial materials available for patios. Its natural rustic markings and drab colors bring out elegance in any flagstone patio. The unique patterns provide a vintage look to the place and, at the same time, a sense of identity because no two flagstones contain the same markings.
Flagstone also comes in many hues which allow you to truly customize the look of your patio. But there are other choices available to suite various tastes and budgets
2. Stone offers more flexibility in design than any other product
You can even experiment with stone type or cut combinations to produce structured designs that appeal to your tastes.
3. Strength and Durability
Flagstones are naturally tough and even tougher when installed over concrete slabs. It takes a long time for water or other agents to change its texture, so even if it rains a lot, flagstone patios still offer traction and protection from slips. In fact, most patio owners would agree that for as long as the flagstone base was properly constructed, the patio will remain as stable and sturdy as it was when it was first built.
4. Little or no maintenance required
Assuming that the whole flagstone patio was constructed properly, it is expected to resist damage and change for a very long time. According to people who have structures at home made of flagstones, it only takes around two pressurized hose downs a year to maintain. For daily use, sweeping would be more than enough.
5. Different sizes to choose from
Flagstones come in different sizes. If you inspect your local stone suppliers, you will see so many options to choose from. There are flagstones that are about an inch or so thick. There are those that are so much thicker. Some flagstones come in fragments with a small surface, and there are fragments that come in large surfaces.
If you are constructing your flagstone patio from scratch, this means that you can have plenty of variations in your patio designs. Large ones are easier to balance than smaller ones but they offer a less jigsaw look. Smaller ones are harder to balance but they are easier to fit together. In some cases, it is also possible to use a combination of the two. source: bobcatcustomoutdoors.com
If you are searching for an experienced Natural Flagstone Supply service with great customer service and a wide selection, visit Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills (248) 852-5511 landscape & patio supply stores.
Michigan Retaining Wall Supply – Haley Stone
For top rated Michigan Retaining Wall Supply service, please visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511. Click here to see photos and read more about our Michigan Retaining Wall Supply options. Follow Us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills or Rochester Hills locations.
Retaining Wall Uses and Benefits
Does your home feature sloping or elevated yard spaces?
You may be thinking whether to have these areas leveled with the rest of the landscape or keep them as they are. Leveling the ground so you’d enjoy a large flat landscape is possible, although this is likely to turn out more time-consuming and costly.
On the other hand, you can design a landscape that lets you turn those sloping yards to a new focal point – a structure that’s more functional and aesthetically-pleasing.
This is what retaining walls are made for. Retaining walls offer you an opportunity to create a unique landscape. When properly installed, these structures help hold back soil and consequently prevent erosion.
Retaining walls can be built either free-standing or connected with other landscaping structures. Perfecting the process, however, requires expertise. Soil weight and pressure behind the wall need to be studied. Also, you may have to acquire a permit depending on the height of retaining wall you’re looking to build.
In this regard, it’s beneficial to work with professional landscape designers and builders who would be able to assist you throughout the process and finish the project to your satisfaction the first time.
A Few Important Things to Know Before Building Retaining Walls
- Choosing from various materials. You need not worry as to how retaining walls would work with the style of your home or existing landscape. Retaining walls can now be built using various materials such as bricks, timber, and stones to match your taste. Stones are a popular choice for their elegant, rustic appeal although they can turn out more expensive.
- Working with professional designers and builders. Building a retaining wall involves a lot of work than it looks like. The wall structure should be sturdy enough to support the soil behind it. Back fill should be compacted and applied in multiple layers so pressure is pushed downward and not against the wall. Consideration should as well be given to drainage so that water flows over or through the blocks and then away from the retaining wall. When water is trapped in the retaining wall structure, the soil becomes saturated and worse, the base material could get washed away.
- Looking into design patterns. You need not limit your choice to straight retaining walls. You can go for curved patterns for a more stylish look. Make sure to talk to your designer about your ideas so together, you can check whether they’d be feasible.
Retaining Wall Uses
Here are few ways how you can use retaining walls to enhance make your landscape more functional.
- Defining entertainment areas. Create a stunning private getaway by highlighting your outdoor kitchen or entertainment spaces with a retaining wall. To create a natural flow, you can as well match your choice of paving stones with those you’ve already used in other areas in your yard.
- Additional seating areas. Let your retaining walls do more for you by turning them into seat walls. Enjoy more areas to entertain and allow guests to lounge around.
- Featuring plants. Create a warm welcome with retaining walls that showcase your favorite plants. Practice your love of gardening by having a dedicated portion in your yard where you can plant freely.
Benefits of Retaining Walls
- Boost value for your home. With retaining walls designed to complement your home and accommodate your needs, sloping areas will no longer hold you back from maximizing use of your landscape.
- Easy care. When installed correctly, retaining walls wouldn’t need extensive upkeep. You would only need to check pipes every now and then to make sure they aren’t clogged, especially if rain is approaching.
- Versatile. Retaining walls can be constructed in various shapes, colors, and textures.
- Functional. Apart from adding to the beauty of your outdoor spaces, retaining walls also help prevent soil movement and improve water drainage in your yard. A retaining wall not only makes your landscape more beautiful. It can also save you from unnecessary repair costs in the future. source: pacificpavingstone.com
For a Michigan Retaining Wall Supply service you can trust, visit Haley Stone in Auburn Hills MI (248) 276-9300 or Rochester Hills MI (248) 852-5511.
Michigan Bluestone Supply – Haley Stone
If you are looking for top rated Michigan Bluestone Supply, contact Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills MI location at (248) 276-9300 or our Rochester Hills location at (248) 852-5511 today. We are the largest Michigan Bluestone Supply and have been in business for over 60 years. Click here to see examples of our Bluestone products or scroll down. You may also visit our Auburn Hills Facebook Page or our Rochester Hills Facebook page.
Benefits of Bluestone
Why is Bluestone so popular?
Bluestone is very popular in landscaping industry widely used for patios, pool sides, garden paths, driveways etc, It adds naturally aesthetic look to your property. Bluestone is a versatile material.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of Bluestone:
- Durability: Durability is surely the first requirement on your list. That’s why Bluestone must be your pick. Its dense composition and hardness makes it the most durable stone. It can bear extreme weather conditions. Bluestone’s texture adds to its toughness.
- Safety: It can be used around the pool due to its non slippery finish. That’s why it is quite safe to apply it in areas where surface is more likely to be wet and slippery. Bluestone naturally rough texture not only makes it safe to be used around pool areas but also long lasting.
- Easy Installation: It is very easy to install Bluestone. It is also the flattest of all natural stones, that’s why it is also known as ‘Slate’.
- Availability in various dimensions: Bluestone is available in different dimensions and thickness. That’s why it can be used in residential as well as commercial construction work.
- Wide Range of Colors: There is a wide range of colors available in the market. You will find colors ranging from blue and grey to yellow, green and even purple. It allows you to pick the color of your choice according to the color and design of your house or office.
- Aesthetic appearance: Bluestone is known for adding luxurious and aesthetic appeal to your house which makes it unique and popular in the construction industry.
- Cost effective:- Last but not the least, despite of so many advantages and applications, it is cost effective.
See our bluestone products below!
Things to remember:
Bluestone is a fantastic material to be used in any type of construction, yet there are few things that need to be kept in mind while installing it.
Bluestone is porous which enables it to bear and hold water for a long time; however, if not sealed the appearance will be affected. Sealing the bluestone will prevent it from getting damaged in heavy foot traffic areas, scratches, stains, dirt etc. It is very important to be careful with this while you lay bluestone.
Make sure that all stains have been removed before it is sealed. Since natural stones do not have a shiny surface, sealer will add shine to it. source: premierpavers.com.au
Michigan Natural Stone Veneers – Haley Stone
If you are in need of Michigan Natural Stone Veneers contact Haley Stone at our Auburn Hills location (248) 276-9300 or our Rochester Hills location at (248) 852-5511 for more information. Click here to see our Michigan Stone Veneer examples or scroll to the photos below. You may also follow us on Facebook for our Auburn Hills location or our Rochester Hills location.
Natural stone veneers offer durability and distinction to any building project. No other building material displays the unique textures, colors and exceptional visual appeal found in natural stone. We offer two styles of veneers, Full Veneer and Natural Thin Veneer (NTV). There are over 75 different styles to choose from.
Below are a few samples to view.
Haley Stone has been servicing the Metro Detroit Area with quality landscape materials for over 60 years with locations in Rochester Hills MI and Auburn Hills (directly across from the Palace). With 5 acres of inventory and displays, it offers you a wide range of choices and ideas for your next project. Stop by either location and let our expert knowledgeable staff assist you with your needs.